When you press your brake pedal and you feel the steering wheel vibration, hear a loud screech, feel the steering direction change, or just don’t feel like your brakes are as responsive as usual; This may be a sign that it is time to change your brakes.
If you need to replace your brakes, the best thing to do is call the experts. Give us a call at 403-226-0221 to speak with one of our advisors to get set up with a complete inspection. Then one of our trained technicians will test every little part of your brakes, and recommend the best course of action for you from there.
Generally, a good rule of thumb is to get them checked at least once annually. But the frequency with which you need to get your brakes checked is mostly dependent on the way you drive. If you drive a lot in a year, go through a lot of stop-and-go traffic, or are generally “hard” on your brakes, it may be necessary to get them checked more frequently.
When you press your Honda’s brake pedal, the friction material on the brake pads is pushed against the brake discs to slow or stop your vehicle. Each time the brakes are used, a small amount of this material is worn off, eventually requiring replacement. Your Honda Dealer understands how integral braking is to your safety. That’s why we’re proud to offer a Lifetime Brake Pad Guarantee* on Genuine Honda replacement brake pads.
*Should you find a lower advertised price within thirty (30) days before or after the purchase of qualifying tires from a participating Honda dealer, present the dealer where you purchased or intend to purchase qualifying tires with proof of the advertised price and they will match the lower price. Offer does not apply to quotes or advertised prices from outside Canada, online auction sites, wholesalers, online retailers that have no physical stores in Canada, close out/liquidation/clearance sales, advertising errors or misprints, restricted offers, or where quotes/advertised prices are on tires with limited/no stock availability. Qualifying tires must be purchased and installed at a participating Honda dealer in Canada. Advertised item must: (i) be an in-stock brand (excluding Bridgestone) and be of the same brand, size, model, sidewall, speed and load rating; (ii) be sold through an authorized retailer located in Canada; and (iii) be in Canadian dollars. Lowest Price Guarantee does not apply to costs associated with labour, valve stems, mounting/balancing, disposal fees and applicable taxes. Some restrictions apply. Offer subject to change or cancellation without notice. Ask your Honda dealer for more details.
† Purchase and install select Genuine Honda replacement brake pads at a participating Honda dealer and your dealer will provide future replacement brake pads for the same brake component system at no charge, for as long as you own the vehicle.*
*Brake Pad Guarantee Terms and Conditions
1. This guarantee does not apply to vehicles equipped with brake shoes or brake drums.
2. Only available for bona fide purchasers of Genuine Honda replacement front or rear brake pads for Honda automobiles (certain model exclusions may apply) on or after July 4, 2016. Guarantee includes brake pad parts only for the specific brake component system they were purchased and installed for (either front or rear). Initial and subsequent brake pad replacements during the valid guarantee period must be installed by a Honda Certified Technician at a participating Honda Dealer in Canada.
3. Brake pad installation costs and any costs for labour or parts required to return the brake system to its original operating condition, are excluded from this guarantee. Machining and replacement of brake discs are excluded. Guarantee does not cover loss of use, towing charges, transportation or other incidental damages or parts supplied by customer.
4. All factory-recommended maintenance must be completed as specified by the vehicle’s Maintenance Minder system and owner’s manual. Brake system must be returned to its original operating condition (including machining or replacement of brake discs), before subsequent replacement brake pads are provided. All other brake system component replacements must be done with Genuine Honda parts and by a Honda Certified Technician at a participating Honda dealer in Canada.
5. Guarantee is applicable to regular wear only, based on inspection and recommendation by a Honda Certified Technician at a participating Honda dealer in Canada. Brake pad thickness for parts in which guarantee applies to must be documented as 2mm or less in order to qualify for replacement under the guarantee.
6. Guarantee is non-transferable to any other person or vehicle and applies only to the original purchaser of the replacement brake pad parts for the vehicle on which they were installed. Not applicable to wholesale customers or over-the-counter purchases.
7. No extra charge for guarantee and no substitutions.
8. A copy of the repair order/invoice must be retained and presented to the participating Honda dealer as proof of purchase and eligibility at time of any subsequent brake pad replacement pursuant to this guarantee.
9. Brake pad guarantee does not apply to vehicles that have been modified, used for racing purposes, declared a total loss by an insurer, used to transport passengers (e.g. taxi, limo, ride-sharing), or otherwise used as a fleet vehicle (e.g. rental, emergency services).
10. Brake pad guarantee is subject to change or cancellation at any time, without notice. Valid in Canada only in respect of brake pad purchases in Canada. Excludes all other guarantees, expressed or implied. Guarantee eligibility applies to Canadian vehicles (VINs) only. See your local participating Honda dealer for more details.
***Rebate available on select tire brands and models only. While quantities last. Mail-in rebate applies only for the periods indicated by tire manufacturer. Mail-in rebate must be submitted by deadline indicated by tire manufacturer and in accordance with the rules stated on the rebate form. Full mail-in rebate details are available directly from individual tire manufacturer, which is subject to individual tire manufacturer’s conditions which may change at any time without notice. See your Honda dealer for details.